mFluiDx is developing a point-of-care molecular test - the “SIMPLE CHIP”, that is multiples lower cost than existing solutions. It will also be best in class for speed and multi-target panel testing. Successful deployment will allow rapid decentralized immediate screening on-site (small clinics, pharmacies, etc.) and help contain outbreaks, with high sensitivity and specificity similar to PCR.
GATES FOUNDATION-FUNDED TECHNOLOGY
UC BERKELEY SPIN-OUT STARTUP
note: due to IP confidentiality, schematic is not the newest prototype in development.
bacteria/virus/dna/rna molecular testing
Low cost: microfluidics technology enables an extremely low-cost consumable cartridge and reader instrument.
Multi-target testing: a single disposable cartridge can detect multiple infectious agents (viral and or bacterial) from a patient in one single test.
Fast: 7~15min turnaround
High sensitivity/specificity: we are using isothermal amplification that has equivalent performance to PCR.
Automated: sample-to-answer including sample prep is fully automated.
Techcrunch Battlefield Finalist
mFluiDx selected as one of the top 20 startups to pitch at Techcrunch Battlefield, from a pool of 900 startups globally. Founder and CEO- Charlie Yeh (UCSF/UC Berkeley Joint PhD in Bioengineering)
WE ARE HIRING
Job openings and positions available
We are looking for molecular scientists to support the chemistry team.
- work on challenging work that can save lives
- generous stock options package
- flexible hybrid work
- work with state-of-art technologies
- grow and lead teams from the ground up
- dynamic fast-paced startup environment
- an opportunity to lead and contribute to product development from an early stage
- entering the fast growth phase of the company
- career advancement (participation in a leadership role, series A/B/C fundraising, product commercialization, publications, patents, etc.)
Responsibilities: R&D for isothermal amplification chemistry master mix, assay development, sample preparation chemistry, protein engineering, and ISO manufacturing.
- 5+ years in isothermal amplification, molecular biology, microbiology, sample preparation, protein engineering, point-of-care diagnostics
- MS or PhD degree in molecular biology (or equivalent)
- 3+ years in industry
- experience in working with dynamic startup environments would be a plus
- track record of patents/publications in relevant fields
- easy to communicate, high integrity, team player
- Employees are people first, workers second